So, are you facing problem while driving at night with your opaque headlights? Do you want to restore or clean the headlights? Vinegar has magical impacts on those kinds of auto’s headlights. Therefore, the basic question which came into our minds is how to clean headlights with vinegar? In this article, I will tell you the 6 different ways to polish the headlights with vinegar. Yes, it will remove the yellowish color and fogginess from headlights. It is very easy to apply to the results of vinegar are insanely amazing. Vinegar will change from headlights to shining headlights just like new one.
How to clean headlights with Vinegar with 6 methods
Apply any of these 5 methods which I am going to mention below and get glittering headlights of your car.
Method 1: Restore Headlights with distilled Vinegar
- First, you must clean the headlights with a soft cloth.
- Take a bowl
- Pour half glass of distilled vinegar in the bowl
- Now add 1.5 glass of water
- Stir well to make a homogenous mixture.
- Having a homogenous mixture become, take a shower bottle
- Pour all the mixture in the shower bottle
- Sprinkle that mixture on the headlights (already clean with a soft cloth) with shower bottle
- In last, rub the cloth in a round shape and wipe out all the mixture of vinegar and water.
- Headlights of your automobile are ready to start a journey at night.
Note: This formula is equally applicable for plastic headlights.
Method 2: Vinegar+Baking Soda
I have tried this method several times and has amazing results for plastic headlights too. Allow me to share this method with you.
- Similar to before, take a bowl.
- Put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in the bowl.
- Pour 4 tablespoon of vinegar (distilled) in the baking soda.
- Mix well until it becomes a homogenous mixture.
- Now, apply this mixture on headlights.
- Rub softly with a soft cloth for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, sprinkle the water on headlights with shower bottle.
- Clean the headlights finely.
Do you want to Clean your car’s seat?
Read more about: How to clean car seats’ stains
Note: You need to clean headlights in a manner that there must be no particle of a mixture on the headlights.
Method 3: Vinegar+Palm Wax
I will tell you this method but it is not a recommended method. Use the following trick at own your risk
- Take one glass of flax oil.
- 4 Tps of Carnauba or palm wax.
- Beeswax 2 tblsp.
- ½ glass of apple cider vinegar (ACV).
- Mix all these ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat all these ingredients to make a homogenous mixture.
- After becoming a mixture, allow it to cool down for 30 minutes.
- Apply this mixture with a soft towel on headlights.
- Leave this wax on headlights for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, clean it out with a clean cloth.
Method 4: Vinegar+ToothPaste
- Take a bowl
- Put almost 2 tablespoons of toothpaste in the bowl
- Mix 6 tablespoons of vinegar in the toothpaste.
- It will become a paste and ready to use
- Apply this paste on the headlights of the car with the help of tooth Brush.
- After applying the paste on headlights, sprinkle water on the headlights
- Wipe the paste out with the towel with a round motion of a hand.
Note: This method is best for yellow plastic headlights
Method 5: Vinegar+Olive Oil
The best method which I have ever used to restore the foggy and hazy headlights is going to be revealed in this method. Let’s start
- Take a bowl
- Pour Olive Oil in the Bowl
- Add Vinegar in an equal quantity of Olive oil
- Stir well until both the liquid mix finely
- Now apply this mixture with soft towel/cloth.
- After 10 minutes applying the mixture, splash the water on headlights.
- Wipe the mixture from headlights with a clean cloth.
Note: You can use this method several times until your satisfaction level.
Method 6: Vinegar+ Liquid Soap
- Take a cup of Liquid Soap in a bowl
- Mix a half cup of Vinegar in it
- Stir to make a homogeneous mixture
- Rinse headlights with this mixture with help of paper (Newspaper)
- After 5-minute sprinkle water on headlights and clean with soft towel or cloth.
I hope, you would have enjoyed all the methods to polish the headlights with vinegar and baking soda. Must use any above-mentioned trick and give feedback in the comment section, so that others can also be benefitted with your experience.